How to download music on iphone with itunes1 min readReading Time: < 1 minutes
With the release of the iPhone 6 and the new iOS 8, Apple made some changes to how the iPhone interacts with iTunes on a computer. Namely, you can no longer just plug your iPhone into your computer and sync it like you could with older models. Now, in order to download music from your computer to your iPhone, you have to use the iTunes program on your computer to manage your phone’s music library.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone.
2. Open the iTunes program on your computer.
3. If this is the first time you’ve connected your iPhone to your computer, you may need to click the "trust this computer" button on your phone.
4. Once your iPhone is connected, you should see it appear in the iTunes sidebar on the left-hand side of the window.
5. Click on the iPhone in the sidebar, and then click on the "Music" tab in the main iTunes window.
6. You should see a list of all of the music on your iPhone. If you want to download music from your computer to your iPhone, you can drag and drop songs or albums from the main iTunes window into the "Music" window on the iPhone.
7. Once you’ve added the music you want to your iPhone, click the "Sync" button in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window to transfer the music to your phone.
8. You should see a progress bar indicating how much of the sync has been completed. When the sync is finished, you should be able to listen to the music you added on your iPhone.